U.S. Embassy Introduces Customer-Friendly Visa Application Process
Starting September 14, 2014, the United States Embassy, Dhaka, will improve the way applicants apply for visas. This new system will simplify interview appointment scheduling, fee collection, and visa pickup. Applicants will be able to apply for their visas through a new, customer-friendly website, www.USTravelDocs.com/bd. Learn more through the fact sheet.
Visitors to the United States require nonimmigrant visas. Before applying, know which type of visa suits your purpose of travel.
How to Apply
Carry with You to the Interview:
- Your valid passport and previously issued passports
- The DS-160 confirmation page with barcode
- Appointment letter
- H, L, and other petition-based visa applicants may bring copies of the I-797, I-129 and other petition-related documents
- F, M students must bring the SEVIS fee receipt and I-20
- J exchange visitors must bring the SEVIS fee receipt and DS-2019
Due to security concerns and space limitations, U.S. Embassy-Dhaka does not permit interested parties such as friends, relatives, attorneys or business contacts to attend the visa interview with the applicant. Applicants must come prepared to interview without in-person assistance.
Within Bangladesh: +88-09610202040
Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., Sunday through Thursday (excluding holidays)
From U.S.: +88-017039883466
Hours: Operational 24 hours a day starting Mondays at 5:00 a.m. and ending Fridays at 12:00 a.m.
By Email: email@example.com
|No inquiries will be accepted by fax or post.|