Scheduling an interview: Appointment requirements
Applicants are required to schedule their appointments through our service provider Saimon Overseas Ltd. This service allows applicants to pay their application fee, fill out and submit required visa application forms, and schedule an interview in one visit. All non-immigrant visa applicants are encouraged to schedule their visa interviews at least 90 days in advance of their anticipated date of travel.
All non-immigrant visa applicants must complete the online DS-160 application form.
The new DS-160 is available at: http://ceac.state.gov/genniv
The application automatically saves each time you click the “Next” button. If you need to stop the application before submitting it, you should record the Application ID displayed on the top right-hand corner. You will need this Application ID to continue application at a later date. You will be able to retrieve application for the next 30 days. To complete application after 30 days, you may permanently save the application to a disk or to your hard drive. Click the "Save" button at the bottom of the last page you have completed and follow the instructions to save the application data to a file.
What to Bring to Saimon Overseas
- A passport valid for six months beyond the period of your intended stay in the United States.
- One photograph for each application. Photo requirements (PDF 88 KB)
- DS-160 Confirmation Pages (barcodes must be readable)
- Non-immigrant visa application fee by visa classification (in Taka equivalent) - the visa fee is payable at Saimon cash counter
- A clear photocopy of your passport’s bio-page (printed on an A4 sized paper) and an additional photo (as per requirement)
- If you are unable to appear in person to drop-off/collect your application and passport, an authorized person may do so on your behalf. You must provide a signed “authorization form.” The signature on the authorization form has to exactly match the signature on the passport. The signed “authorization form” should include the name of the person authorized to drop-off/collect the passport, plus phone number and address of the person picking up the passport. You should also provide a valid photo ID of authorized person (e.g. valid passport, voter ID, etc.). To get the “authorization form” and instructions, please visit Saimon Overseas Ltd website.
Note: If you have passports stapled together, Saimon Overseas will instruct you to separate them from your current passport. Please bring your current and old passports to the interview. On your interview date, please submit your current passport only, along with the confirmation page, and MRV fee receipt to the Consular greeter and at fingerprinting windows.
If you are unable to come for a visa interview on the scheduled date, you will be required to reschedule your appointment through Saimon Overseas Ltd. Your non-immigrant visa appointment must be re-scheduled within 12 months from the date of the fee payment, otherwise, the visa fee payment record will expire. Please note that Saimon Overseas will charge you the normal scheduling fee. Please note DO NOT fill out another on-line visa application form DS-160. You must use the same DS-160 confirmation page that you originally used for your first time appointment scheduling.
Scheduling an appointment while abroad:
If you are residing outside of Bangladesh and need an interview appointment to renew your visa, you may do so following a few easy steps:
- Fill out and print the Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application (DS-160) form.
- To schedule an interview appointment at the US Embassy, Dhaka, you should send a scanned copy of your completed DS-160 by e-mail to a reliable relative/friend who can go to Saimon directly and obtain an interview appointment on your behalf. The person who goes to Saimon Overseas will need to show a copy of your DS-160 and pay the MRV fee which is applicable to your visa class.
- You must provide a signed “authorization form”. The signature on the authorization form has to exactly match the signature on the passport. The signed “authorization form” should include the name of the person authorized to drop-off/collect the application and passport, plus phone number and address of the person dropping-off/picking up the passport and application. You should also provide a valid photo ID of authorized person (e.g. valid passport, voter ID, etc.). To get the “authorization form” and instructions, please visit Saimon Overseas Ltd website.
- Saimon Overseas will assign an interview date/time according to the availability of appointments upon service charges.
- Saimon Overseas will stamp the appointment entry date/time on original DS-160 confirmation page according to your specific appointment date/time request and availability of appointments.
- You are then ready to appear for your interview on the scheduled appointment date.
You may also use the interview waiver program if you are a continuing F, M, or J visa applicant. The U.S. Government allows certain qualified applicants to apply to renew their nonimmigrant visas through an interview waiver program. You may determine the eligibility for interview waiver based on criteria listed in the checklist.